MELISSA M. SMITH

**Below are photos from a photoshoot for Caviar. It features all of the menu items for one of their clients, Ivan Ramen, located in New York City. The full-page spread can be viewed on their website: https://www.trycaviar.com/manhattan-fidi-to-59th/ivan-ramen-slurp-shop-307**

Melissa Smith
(713) 306-7556
[email protected]
www.melissamsmith.webs.com

I graduated from the University of Alabama in May of 2012 with a degree in Telecommunications and Film, with a sequence in Media Production, as well as a minor in Studio Art, with a focus on Photography. My passions outside of recruiting are film, travel, and any imaginable form of art. In my free time, I can be found exploring different cities, initiating photo shoots in Central Park, or venturing into new galleries.


I started my career as a Staffing Manager In Houston, Texas at OfficeTeam, a division of Robert Half, where I spent my time sourcing for candidates to fill open roles that I gained from my clients. It included a high volume of interviewing and placing candidates as well as marketing to companies to generate new business. During my time with RH, I was offered a position as a Human Resources Assistant at Ketchum, a large PR firm located in New York City. I made the move knowing that NYC was the place which most represented myself: full of curiosity and artistic in nature. While 75% of my time was dedicated to six large groups of employees at Ketchum, I spent the other 25% working for its sister company, Harrison & Shriftman, with a portion of that time also serving as the HR Assistant at Emanate, yet another firm. In my split-role, I reported to one Human Resources Director, two Vice Presidents of HR, as well as two Managers of Talent Acquisition. Working with three separate yet entwined PR agencies taught me more than I could have ever imagined. I learned the true art of networking, building trusting relationships, and executing events within the agencies. Because of my love of Photography and Media Production, I started to conduct photo shoots within Ketchum, and I also complete many freelance Photography and Video projects on the side.


I currently work as an Account Manager for The Creative Group, another division of Robert Half. I generate business with new and existing clients by gathering their hiring needs. Building solid relationships and maintaining them with clear communication and organized updates is key. I attend weekly networking events at night either through Meetup.com or other organizations where I meet a variety of professionals in the technology, creative, and marketing spaces. The relationships I've formed with new clients solely from these events have been extremely substantial, and networking is proving to be very fruitful.


When I am not in the office, I am usually learning more about the technology and creative industries.  I am currently attending classes to learn how to code in all the various languages (HTML, CSS, JavaScript, PHP, and the like) so that I can be even more knowledgeable in the industry. Also, I actually really enjoy it! My love for the creative space stemmed mostly from my semester studying abroad in London where I was able to emerge deeply into Photography and Video Production. I always knew that I would study those two subjects as I had been creating videos and shooting photographs ever since I started earning an allowance. However, something changed while I was in London, and I was so impacted by my desire to learn as much as a could about these topics that I left as a "different version of myself" with inspiration just seeping from every part of me. Surrounding myself with such unique individuals in my field and completely immersing myself not only in London's culture, but also in those cultures of 14 different cities in 7 countries was life-changing. Once I returned to the States, I won many Photography contests and even had a film make it to the Cannes Film Festival in France! This website is to showcase those things I love doing outside of my weekly work schedule.

 

Specialties: Adobe InDesign, Photoshop CC, Lightroom CC, Adobe Premiere Pro CS6, Final Cut Pro 7/X, Adobe Encore CS6, Microsoft Office (PowerPoint, Word, Outlook, Excel, OneNote), social media channels (Facebook, LinkedIn, Vimeo, YouTube, Twitter, Google+, Tumblr), WordPress, Blogger, SEO, Prezi, Keynote, FileZilla, Audacity, I-Movie, Feed-For-All, Canon 5D/7D, Canon T2i/T3i/T4i, GarageBand, ADP Payroll, Cision/Citrix Payroll, iCIMS, recruiting, client services, media production, video, editing, photography, telecommunications and film, strategic planning, sales management, customer service